X Games has gone international! As the inaugural international stop for the games, it only seems fitting to take the tour to Brazil and have the first medal event be big air where both Bob Burnquist and Rony Gomes can give their all in front of their home country. With the new stop came new rules for the big air event. In the past the scoring was for the competition was based purely on combination runs including both tricks done over the gap and tricks done on the quarterpipe. This big air format consisted of weighted scores for three different sections with the gap section accounting for 25 percent, the quarterpipe accounting for 25 percent and then a combination gap and quarterpipe run making up the remaining 50 percent. As the night wined down to the combination runs, it was none other than Brazilian Bob Burnquist that emerged on the top of the competition and the podium. Elliot Sloan earned second place and Jake Brown went home with third, respectively. For the complete break down of the event check out the recap article on XGames.com, but first watch Bob’s best trick across the gap section – a 720 rodeo flip – below!


1st Place – Bob Burnquist

2nd Place – Elliot Sloan

3rd Place – Jake Brown

4th Place – Tom Schaar

5th Place – Edgard Pereira

6th Place – Rony Gomes

7th Place – Nolan Munroe

8th Place – Mitchie Brusco