Boarding for Breast Cancer (B4BC) is hosting the 11th Annual Skate the Coast presented by Suja, September 29, 2018. Skate the Coast is a 19-mile skate, bike, or roll from the Santa Monica Pier to Redondo Beach in support of B4BC’s education, prevention, and survivorship programs.
Since its inception in 2005, B4BC's Skate the Coast has raised over $300,000. Funds raised support B4BC's outreach, education, and survivorship programs. A portion of the days proceeds will benefit Cancer Warrior Foundation.
The event kicks-off on Friday evening, September 28 with a registration party at Arbor Collective in Venice with live music, BBQ by Traeger Grills, Suja Juices and a huge silent auction + raffle. Saturday, September 29, participants are slated to skate-bike-roll along the iconic Strand of the Los Angeles coast starting at the Santa Monica Pier and ending at Dive-n-Surf in Redondo Beach.
Register + Info HERE.
Fri September 28, 2018 - Kick-off Registration Party 5-10 PM, Arbor Venice – 102 Washington Blvd. Venice Beach, CA
Join B4BC athletes, staff, friends and industry partners as we celebrate the community coming together for a cause! Highlights include:
- Live music by Beeb$ and Dan Kelly of Fortunate Youth
- Yoga by Bridgette Gamble (Yoga For Skateboarders)
- Huge Silent auction and raffle with prizes from GoPro, Yeti, Traeger, The North Face, Arbor Skateboards, Von Zipper, Nixon and tickets and memorabilia from the Los Angeles Rams.
- Free Suja Juices and Traeger BBQ + 10 Barrel Beer Garden
- MeloDrama Movie Premiere - Featuring Snowboarders Mike Liddle, Erik Leon, Bode Merill, Johnny Brady, Jesse Paul and Garrett Warnick by Jon Stark
Sat September 29, 2018 – Skate the Coast 8AM-2PM
- 8:00 AM SHARP! Meet at Veterans Park in Redondo Beach for shuttle to starting point at The Santa Monica Pier.
- 9:AM depart from Santa Monica Pier
- 9AM - 1 PM SKATE BIKE ROLL 19 miles along beautiful beaches of Los Angeles from The Santa Monica Pier to finish line at DIVE N' SURF with 3 hydration stations along the way.
- 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM Awards ceremony + celebrations at Dive N Surf Redondo Beach – fun music, beverages from Suja Organic Juices and food graciously provided by El Pollo Loco and Beyond Meat.
Participation Fee: $50 minimum to participate – includes sponsor goodie bag, event t-shirt and raffle tickets. The top three fundraisers are recognized and awarded prize packs from partners: GoPro, Yeti, Skullcandy, Arbor, Vans, Von Zipper, Nixon and more.