We know it is awesome to watch Dew Tour on NBC, NBC Sports Network and the Dew Tour Live stream online, but what is more awesome is being a part of the action! Being on site has much more to offer fans and their families than the simply seeing the competitions, but the chance to meet top athletes from around the world, ride these iconic courses and witness first hand the highest level of competition – so close you see them sweat. If you are in the area — or even if you're not — making the trip out to San Francisco for the Toyota City Championships will be worth it!
Here are the Top Ten reasons why:
10. We are giving San Francisco a make over like never before! Even if you are not familiar with action sports, you will want to check out how our BMX dirt course takes over from the Asian Art Museum to the San Francisco Public Library. For the city locals you will want to see how we have incorporated iconic San Francisco spots like Hubba Hideout and China Banks into our Skate Street course. We have even put our FMX kicker to dirt set up directly in front of City Hall!
9. Three days of the Dew Tour Experience! Starting Friday, Oct. 11th through Sunday, Oct. 13th you have the chance to go to autograph signings from your favorite pros, check out the booths of your favorite vendors and buy awesome Dew Tour merchandise.
8. Saturday night, two-time Grammy winning hip-hop artist Common, and a special guest yet to be announced, will be hitting the stage of the Regency Ballroom. All fans 18 and over are invited out to hear this legend perform. Doors open at 8:30pm and the show goes from 9pm-11pm. Tickets are $50 and available HERE.
7. You get to ride on the same course as all of your favorite pros! On Sunday, October 13th, as part of Community Day, from 11am- 3pm all fans will have the chance to become a part of the action. The Skate Street course will be open to fans — with parent or guardian permission — to skate. Best part is you don't have to have a board or helmet; we've got you covered!
6. Dew Tour is committed to supporting local shops and athletes, to show this we are hosting the second annual FTC Open House Skate Competition. Sunday, Oct. 13th at 3:30pm come watch your favorite locals compete for cash prizes and bragging rights!
5. Ever been told not to sit on the hood of your car? Guess what? Here we don't let our athletes sit on cars either…we let them ride and skate on them! Check out the BMX and Skateboarding Streetstyle course, where your favorite pros will tailwhip, barspin or ollie off Toyota's finest cars and trucks. See how innovative they get during the finals on Sunday! Skate Streetstyle finals go off at 1pm and BMX Streestyle closes out the weekend with a bang at 4pm!
4. You get to be a part of history! This year Dew Tour shows the rich culture of action sports within San Francisco with Dew Tour Recognize, a gallery of photographs by influential skate and BMX photographers. The Book & Job Gallery (838 Geary St) will kick-off the event Friday, 8pm-11 pm. It will also be open Saturday and Sunday from 11am-6pm. Take a look at the iconic photos from SF’s rich action sports history, and who knows maybe this weekend you'll make it into a photo to be remembered 20 years from now!
3. You will be the first of all your friends to see who wins! Guess what? That makes you the first person to Tweet or Instagram the winner! By being there in person you will get a way better photo than your friends taking pictures of their TV's or computers from the couch! Tag us @DewTour and we might even Like your photo!
2. The chance to meet your heroes! When your favorite athletes are not out there throwing down big tricks, they’ll be wandering around and watching the other events just like you! And if you don't bump into your favorite pro you can catch them in an autograph signing at the Dew Tour Experience!
1. The entire weekend is FREE! Where else can you meet your favorite pros, ride an iconic park AND see a competition for free? That should be enough convincing for anyone!